Previously known as MSN Messenger, Windows Live Messengeris an instant messaging client created by Microsoft that is currently designed to work with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Mobile, Windows Phone, Windows CE, and so on.Windows Live Messenger has been part of Microsoft’s Windows Live set of online services since 2005 which connects to Microsoft’s Messenger service. The client was first released as MSN Messenger on July 22, 1999, and as Windows Live Messenger on December 13, 2005.While largely the same as MSN Messenger, Windows Live Messenger has aunique feature which is allowing you to share folders and files locally with fellow users. It also serves up the usual animated emoticons, winks, and buzzes, along with multiplayer gaming, free PC-to-PC calling, mobile phone messaging, and video chatting.
Once installed, Windows Live Messenger displays a drop-down menu of features along the top, contacts within the center pane, a search box on the bottom, and tabs for eBay, Rhapsody, and other services along the left. Computer users who has experienced with this function will like the integration with MSN Spaces and the company’s other properties. Besides, Windows Live Messenger’s Sharing Folders feature is also attracting our attention, which lets you transfer files to and from your friend’s computer by displaying a mirror of each other’s files on your desktops. The service can also store hundreds of contacts.
As you have a Windows Live Messenger account, you certainly have the password for it.Regularly changing your Windows Live Messenger account password is important in order to prevent other people from trying to decrypt it, particularly when you use public or shared computers. As to how to change your Windows Live Messengerpassword, I will tell you in the following passage:
1. You should sign in to Windows Live Messenger and open your email account which is in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
2. Once your mailbox account is open, select Optionsfrom the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
3. Under Manage your account window, select “View and edit your personal information”.
4. Your personal information should now be displayed, as well as a section labeled“Password reset information”. Click on “Change” next to “Password: *******”.
5. When another window pops up, it will prompt you to enter your current password and type in your new one. Retype new password for confirmation.
6. If you want to change your password regularly, tick the box labeled“Make my password expire every 72 days.”Then you will be noted.
7. Finish by clicking “Save”.
Following these steps, you can change your Windows Live Messenger account password so as to protect your privacy. Windows Live Messenger has an easy-to-use, customizable interface that makes chatting with your friends a piece of cake.Windows Live Messenger is a communication program. Unlike e-mail where you send mail and wait for a reply, Windows Live Messenger allows active correspondence between you and another person. Since it is so important, you should pay much attention to your account password. Otherwise, some information will be leaked out without prediction.