Many of you may have faced the problem of forgetting Windows password. No matter what kind of Windows system PC user is running, it is desperately unpleasant while being locked out of the PC just because you forgot Windows password you set by yourself. Anyway, now the most important thing is to solve the problem. To remove or reset the password would be the best choice.
For users of Windows XP as we all know, there is a default account of Windows XP which has admin rights. And the password is blank by default. If you forgot the password with the account you created by yourself, you can use the default account to login your PC and reset Windows password or remove password you forgot.
If you forgot the password of this account, then, you’d better use password recovery tools, for example, Windows Login Recovery Standard or Professional, with which you can reset local account password for Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, 2008, 2003 by downloading and install the program, create a password reset CD/DVD or USB flash drive on an accessible computer, then insert the password reset CD/DVD or USB flash drive into your locked computer to reset password. Learn more detailed information, click here.
If you forgot Windows 7 password, the default account is disabled by default, you have to use a windows 7 password reset disk to recover the password, of course, on the premise that you have created one before. Otherwise, you have to use Windows password recovery tools to reset Windows 7 password as well. Windows Login Recovery Standard and professional can help you as well.
However, if you are on a domain and you forgot the domain password, it would be trickier than forgetting the local admin account. Fortunately, Windows login Recovery Enterprise has been released and is specialized in Windows password reset in domain. What you should do is to follow the steps below:
Step 1: Download and install Windows Login Recovery Enterprise.
Step 2: After installing the program, run it to create a password reset CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
- Select Reset Domain Administrator password for Windows Server 2008/2003/2000, and click on Next.
- Please prepare one blank CD/DVD or USB flash drive in advance and insert it into computer to create the Password reset disk. Select CD/DVD or USB, click on Burn to start burning.
- The password reset disk is successfully burned now, click Quit. Take out the password reset disk and then put it into your locked computer to reset the Domain Administrator password.
Step 3: Reset Domain Administrator password with the burned CD/CVD or USB flash drive
- Insert the burned CD/DVD or USB flash drive into your locked computer, if the computer cannot boot from it, please set BIOS to boot from CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
- Select the Windows system to reset password for firstly.
- Select one of the options to reset password for, click on Next.
Learn more detail, go to the guide with pictures description.
Now the Domain Administrator password is reset successfully. Take out the CD/DVD or USB flash drive, click Reboot to confirm and continue the operation, by click Yes you can log on your system with user name ‘Administrator’ and password ‘Admin123’.